Christian drug rehab centers use 12 step programs, as well as group and individual therapy, to help patients achieve freedom from addiction. The reason that Christian drug rehab centers can help patients use 12 step programs so effectively is that one of the most important aspects has always been to recognize a power greater than ourselves that can give us the strength to control and overcome our addiction. Christian drug rehab centers emphasize Jesus Christ and the word of God as the main source of our strength; non-Christian treatment centers do not.
12 step programs are one of the most effective and proven methods for recovering from addiction, because they help addicts not only recognize and control their addiction, but repair the damage that their addiction has done as well. Christian drug rehab centers will guide you or your loved one through every step of the program, until recovery and success has been achieved.
- Admit we are powerless over our addiction—that our lives have become unmanageable.
- Believe that a God and Jesus Christ, who is greater than ourselves, can restore us to sanity.
- Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
- Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Become entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Make a list of all persons we have harmed, and become willing to make amends with them all.
- Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we are wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with Jesus Christ, praying for knowledge of His will for us, and the power to carry that out.
- Have a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, continue to carry this message to addicts, and practice these principles in all our affairs.